ThreadSTL was created by and for community change makers. As a peer learning community, members share a commitment to community partnership as an expectation for sustainable, impactful community change, as well as a commitment to learning and development.
As the bedrock of UMSL’s Community Innovation and Action Center (CIAC), Thread STL’s emerging portfolio of strategies seeks to strengthen our region’s many community partnerships and coalitions. Thread STL is a community of practice that brings together partnership leaders for facilitated peer-to-peer connection, coaching, and
Founded in 2015, Thread STL was created by and for community change makers. Members share a commitment to community partnership as an expectation for sustainable, impactful community change, as well as a commitment to learning and development. Thread STL primarily seeks to serve those whose role is to lead or manage a community partnership—in a full-time, part-time, or unpaid capacity—and those who provide crucial resources to support community partnerships, including funders, advocates
Chancellor’s Certificate in Community Partnership and Coalition Leadership
The University of Missouri-St. Louis offers a Chancellor’s Certificate in Community Partnership and Coalition Leadership. This program will provide content knowledge to build the competencies and skills of aspiring and current community partnership leaders in the region. Courses will cover everything from the history of community partnerships and coalitions to partnership evaluation, giving practitioners an opportunity to learn while doing. For more information, please contact Kiley Bednar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thread STL is a peer learing community that builds and sustains the skills and passion of partnership leaders.
We envision strong community partnerships building an equitable, just and thriving St.Louis region.
Authentic Community Voice
No decisions about us without us.
We are authentic when we put community at the center, working with, not for or on behalf of, our constutuencies. This is rooted in mutual thrust and relationships. Therefore,
- Within Thread, our community is primarily our members. We actively listen to our members and seek their input to determine our agenda and make key decisions. We create and model structures and processes that build member commitment and leadership.
- We expect Thread members to ut their community at the center of their own efforts, authentically listening to constituents.
Continuous Quality Improvement
Learning never stops.
We further our impact when we use data and evidence to engage in continuous reflection, learning and growth. Therefore,
- Within Thread, we seek to foster a culture of learing by providing methods and tools that are grounded in experience and evidence for members to use for continuous learning.
- We expect Thread members to commit to use of data and evidence to aid their own development and honor opportunities of growth, learning and collaboration.
Equity and Justice
“Equity is the only acceptable goal” – Paul Farmer
We acknowledge that the divisions in our region are rooted in social and economic injustice and structural racism. Therefore,
- Within Thread, we commit to promoting equity and justice within our structure, processes and programs, seeking guidance from experts when it is needed and supporting our members through their own efforts to uphold this principle.
- We expect Thread members to be deliberate about pursuing their understanding of, acknowledging, and actively addressing inequity within their own work.
Uncovering Strengths and Assets
Everyone has something to offer.
We know that our members have many strengths and assets from which to buold and are a source of learning and inspiration. Therefore,
- Within Thread, we seek to build on the strengths and assets of our members and create ways for them to share their best practices and celebrate their successes.
- We expect Thread members to acknowledge and build upon the strengths and asses fo their parners and constituencies, recognizing that everone has something valuable to contribute.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
We want to hear from you! Stay in touch by email or by using the contact form below.